Named after one of the founding fathers of PONY Baseball, Lew Hays Pony Field is the home of the PONY League World Series. It has been called home since as far back as 1953 and for the last 32-consecutive years, the annual August Classic has been played right in the backyards of those in Washington, Pennsylvania.
Fans interested in locating Lew Hays Pony Field, its address: Park Road No. 1 Washington, PA 15301
. We also suggest using 200 Dunn Avenue
for GPS coordinates. Lew Hays Pony Field is located in Washington Park, not
at Consol Energy Park, the home of the Washington Wild Things and next to the PONY Baseball & Softball Headquarters.
Other park features:
- Bleacher* and lawn seating for approximately 4,000 guests
- Restrooms located behind the press box and left field
- Concession stand offering a variety of menu and special options on the first base side
- Souvenir stand featuring a multitude of past and present PLWS merchandise
- The original multi-level press box, with the top floor being used as the Hospitality Suite
*For those who are in need of assistance, the DICK'S Sporting Goods PONY League World Series offers handicapped parking. Go to our Parking Map under the Lew Hays PONY Field drop down menu to view our designated handicapped parking area location. All handicapped persons are advised to use the main entrance across from the handicapped parking area, next to the main concession stand, to enter Lew Hays PONY Field. Handicapped seating is also available along the top row of the first base line bleachers.
Dimensions of Lew Hays PONY Field:
- 250 ft—Left Field Line
- 250 ft—Right Field Line
- 305 ft—Straight Away Centerfield
- 26 ft—Distance between home plate and backstop
- Teams will NOT be permitted infield practice.
- WARM-UP ONLY on the field.
- PER PONY RULES, NO ARTIFICIAL NOISEMAKERS WILL BE PERMITTED.
The infield is composed of grass with dirt cutouts for the mound and the bases. Outfield is also composed of grass and warning track. The warning track is an average of ten ft wide and consists of 1A Limestone gravel. The infield texture is a 78% sand/clay mixture. There are two coaching boxes. The pitching rubber is 8 inches higher than home plate. The pitching distance is 54 ft and the bases are 80 ft apart. The outfield fence has an average height of 10 ft.